Last week, I showed you the growing popularity of content marketing. Over the next couple months, I’ll be exploring what makes a great content marketer. I’ll take a deep dive into six areas of content marketing that can make the difference between mediocrity and greatness.
1. Buyer Personas – Have buyer personas that benefit the whole organization, not just the content marketing team, and that are based on research.
2. Path-to-Purchase – Understand the range of possibilities across today’s buyer-directed, highly customized path-to-purchase for each buyer persona.
3. Mission Statement – Have a mission statement that defines how content will help each buyer persona at each stage in the organization’s ideal path-to-purchase.
4. Content Ownership – Publish content to an owned domain whereby the organization and community features align with the mission statement.
5. Editorial Process – Use an editorial process for planning, reviewing and publishing content on an ongoing basis.
6. Distribution Process – Manage distribution processes that ensure your content is exposed to and consumed by the intended audience.
I look forward to diving more deeply into each of these critical areas of content marketing.